January 12, 2011

Playslists and Class Format

Yesterday’s spin class at work was a doozy-that's the only proper way to describe it…6 am class at work, 1 hour:


1.  Warm-Up:    Club Can’t Handle Me-  Flo Rida  
2.  Seated Climb:    Grenade-  Bruno Mars
3.  Standing Hill:     Umbrella (Travis Barker Remix)-  Rhianna
4.  Stay in 3rd, seat at chorus:     Insomnia–  Craig David
5.  Seated Hill:     Forget You-  Cee Lo Green
6.  Fast Flat:     Die Another Day-  Madonna
7.  Seated Climb:     Be Somebody-  Kings of Leon
8.  Standing Hill-with pushes at chorus:     All In-  Lifehouse (LOVE!)
9.  Seated Hill:     Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You)- Enrique
10.  Move between 2 and 3:     She Wants to Move-  N.E.R.D
11.  Fast Flat (with pushes at chorus):     More-  Usher (also LOVE)
12.  Seated Climb:     Sweet Dreams-  Beyonce
13.  Seated Hill:     Blood on the Dancefloor (TM’s Switchblade Edit)-  MJ
14.  Hill (seated or standing-Spinner choice):     Yeah (remix)-  Usher
15.  Cool-Down/t:     Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You-  Lauryn Hill


So here is what I did…We turned in once every 30 seconds and ended on top of a hill, then stayed on that hill until song 6, got a small break, then started over again.  Lots of resistance, lots of strength work! 


I also taught a 6:15pm spin class today…I’ll leave the playlist--the workout can be whatever you want it to be!  The way I teach at this studio is a little different from Johnny G standards.  The class is only 45 minutes but I like to give myself some wiggle room incase I don’t want to listen to Enrique for the 100th time…


No comments:

Post a Comment