February 19, 2011

7 Miles

Today I ran 7 miles!  My game plan was to run 3.5, stretch, then run 3.5 more.  That's exactly what I did and I felt great.  I did take 2 ibuprofen before my run hoping that it would loosen things up a bit and I think it worked.  The run was tough for the first couple miles (treadmill runs always are), but after I hit the first 3 it was smooth sailing.  I finished my first 3.5 miles at 30:59 and my second 3.5 at 29:47 for a grand total of 60:46.  I'm happy with that because my only goal for this half is to finish under 2 hours, so I'm on track!


Here are some of my purchases from this week:


A new pair of sneaks--Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10

I bought these shoes about a year ago and they held up really well and didn't give me any issues, so I stuck with them.  I also had a gift certificate to the store where I bought them so they were only $46.00...that's a steal since they're regularly about $100.


I also ordered 4 jars of PB2 from netrition.com on Thursday and they came on Friday! 

Now I should be stocked up for a little while.  YAY!  I really can feel a difference in how I feel since I'm substituting PB2 for peanut butter.  Don't feel as uncomfortably full (only because I eat WAY too much of it at a time) and I'm definitely not bingeing on this stuff like I did with peanut butter.  I think it has to do with the fact that I actually have to prepare the PB2 so it's not just a spoonful away.  It also doesn't taste exactly the same as real peanut butter, which I think has decreased my cravings for the real stuff!


My LAST and probably most exciting purchase this week was a Garmin Forerunner 305!!!

Source
I'm really excited about this because I hate having to drive my running route to see how long I ran.  It never comes out right and I don't fully trust the internet sites where you can draw your route.  And you can use it on a bike and hiking!  This watch will make life so much easier!  But, I have to admit...I think I'm more excited that I only paid $140 for it and they're usually $300!  Wooohoooo...Thank you Amazon!

Now I'm off to rest and hopefully go look for a road bike! 

For some reason I think I'm rich...not so much...just keep diggin' into the savings...


No comments:

Post a Comment