February 05, 2011

Elliptical Intervals

I made this workout for my sister and did it myself on Thursday morning.  It was a killer and definitely got my heart pumping for a good morning cardio session: 

40 minutes total
5 minute warm-up @ level 5, incline 5
Set the Time column to Segment Time


Start the first segment with the Cross Ramp at 10 and the Resistance at 10
For the second segment lower the Cross Ramp to 5 and kept the resistance at 10 
Alternate between these two Cross Ramp levels for 35 minutes (or longer if you can!)

The key is to keep your Strides Per Minute above 150.  The first couple will feel pretty easy, but after a few intervals it gets much harder.

They gym I was at only has an elliptical without the moving handlebars so it might have been a little harder because I couldn't use my upper body.  If you use the elliptical that moves just set the resistance higher (12 or higher) or don't use the swinging handlebars.  In general, if you don't use the handlebars you will get more of a core workout  so it might be a good idea to not use them anyway.

Happy Ellipticalling!

No comments:

Post a Comment