February 26, 2011

I Love Saturdays!

10 hours of sleep and an 8 mile run....why can't every day be like this??

Once I finished 2 episodes of Party Down and got out of bed, I started to foam roll and do my pre-run exercises.   An hour before I ran I ate a banana, a whole grain corn muffin, some lemon water and coffee.  Then I took 2 ibuprofen and set out to run 8 miles.


I ran 4 miles, stopped and stretched my IT Bands and hamstrings and drank some diluted orange/carrot juice that I made this morning.  The juice took about 2 miles to kick in and I started feeling re-energized.  A little into mile 6 my hip flexors were pulling really badly.  I've never had an issue with them before but this was serious pullage.  After I stretched I ran 2 more miles and stopped at exactly 8 miles (thank goodness for my Garmin!  I'm in love).


I finished 8 miles in 68 minutes.  I'm really happy with a 8:30 pace because I hit some pretty decent hills and I feel like I didn't really fuel properly before or during the run.  Next weekend I'm running 9 miles, so I have to be sure to hydrate, plan a better breakfast and eat a gel along the way.  I love the power bar chocolate gel.  It tastes like brownie batter.


When i got home, I finished my juice and made a fried egg plus one egg white with a sandwich thin, some green beans and broccoli, and a luna bar.

Now off to watch The Other Guys and then later out to dinner with my Aunt :o)


I love Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment