March 30, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

The half marathon is on Sunday!  I'm nervous and excited and I'm just hoping to finish at this point!  I have been struggling with my runs lately.  Running has become somewhat of a chore and with the chilly weather in New England it's been tough to get going.  Saturday I ran 8.5 miles and ended up in lots of pain and a WICKED tight IT band.  The massage therapist at work helped me out for a little while on Tuesday and squeezed the crap out of my leg and it seems to have done the trick.  I'm still foam rolling and using the stick on my leg and doing lots of stretching.  I'm just going to try and stay postive and hope to make it to the end!

After the half I am planning on buying a bike.  I'm not sure that my body is built for running long distances.  I feel injured or just super tight really often, so I think something a little more low impact is the way to go.  The weather here should be warming up at some point (fingers crossed!) so it will be fun to get outside on a bike.

The Health Coach program at IIN is so fun!  The online classes are really interesting and I'm learning a lot!  Some of the info is review, but I also haven't been using my nutrition degree for the past year or so which makes the review really nice.  I can't believe that in just 6 months I'll be qualified to take on clients...that's not too far away :o)  I'm starting to think about what kind of people I want to work with...general, children, moms-to-be, who knows!  I'm going to figure it out along the way.

My new job has been so much fun.  I'm about a month in and I'm so so happy.  I look forward to working with my clients and teaching my classes everyday and love how laid back my boss is.  I was done at 12:00 today!  It was great :o)

That's it for now!  Off to watch Idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment