April 02, 2011

The Day Before!

It's the day before the half marathon!  I've been drinking lots of fluids, eating lots of carbs (no problem with that!) and I'm stretching my legs a lot! 

Yesterday I went to get a massage since my leg was still bothering me.  The masseuse I had specialized in deep tissue and sports massage.  I was lucky!  She did a great job on my back working out the knots, but wasn't the best on my legs, which I asked her to focus on.  I should have asked for more pressure, but either way, it's good to get the circulation going. 

Today PJ and I went to get our race numbers and t-shirts and saw where we would be running tomorrow.  I got number 130...my number has always been 3 and I was #13 when I was growing up playing sports, so this might be lucky!  The women's t-shirt fits terribly,  but it's always nice to have :o)  Then we went to lunch and then to Sports Authority to see if we could find something special to wear for the race, which we both did!

After I was done getting my stuff for the race, my Dad and I went to a local Japanese/Thai fusion restaurant called Oye's.  I ordered the Thai Fruit and Vegetable Salad and a avocado & cucumber roll.  The salad was SO delicious!  It included avocado, pineapple, grapefruit, green beans and tomatoes over iceberg lettuce and was drizzled with a coconut dressing.  The dressing was unbelievable--as in, I could drink it--and the salad was so fresh.  I'll be going back for more soon...and I'll be asking for extra dressing!

Now I'm just stretching and foam rolling and sticking my leg...I just made my playlist and I'm starting to get really excited!  

Off to relax for the night and drinking lots of water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment