April 09, 2011

Reduced Price Produce

I cleaned up in the reduced produce section this week!  For 99 cents each I got 3 green peppers, 2 red peppers, 3 zucchinis, 3 summer squash, and 3 cukes.  5 different veggies for $5 and they'll last another couple of days!  These veggies are great for stir-fry's or crockpot recipes.  They're also good because this will force me to eat them so they won't go to waste.

So far I've used the veggies for juicing, roasting, and tossed in a salad.  Upping the veggies big time!Twice this week I've made this tofu.  I'm telling you that it's the best tofu I've ever had and it's SO easy.  The first night I paired it with some rice pilaf, but the second night I added some zucchini and squash to it.  I used the same marinade for the veggies as I did for the tofu.  It was so good!  I'm tempted to make it again but I don't want to get sick of it, so I'm giving it a rest. 

I also made sweet potato chips for lunch this week!  I just sliced a sweet potato nice and thin and sprinkled them with paprika and sea salt, then baked them at 400 for 30 minutes.  They were so good! 


I've had probably 5 servings of vegetables this week :)  That's HUGE step up.  I'm making some progress on my veggie list this month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment