April 20, 2011

Wednesday Is My Favorite Day!

I love Wednesdays!

My day starts off with an hour-long yoga class.  The instructor is great and she's so small which reminds me of my sister ;o)  In class last week I mentioned last week that I teach spinning classes, so today she designed the class around hip openers and leg stretches.  It was fantastic!  The class is small enough and no one responds when she asks for requests, so I give my requests and she delivers!

Next, I shower up and eat breakfast, then I'm off to work!  I train one cilent then take a 45-minute spinning class.  I love taking classes where I work because the owner teaches and he's tough!  There were two times where I thought my butt was going to fall off because it was burning so bad, but it was short lived pain.  The best kind of pain of course!  After spin I go back to train a few more clients and I'm done for the day!

After doing some blog reading and school work I go off to teach my weekly Boot Camp class.  This is the highlight of my day...maybe of my week?  Is that sad?  This class is so much fun and everyone has so much energy every week!  I've been teaching it for almost 3 years so I have a pretty good following and I get some new people each week, too.  I love it :)

Now I'm home watching Modern Family (best show ever) and eating my yummy dinner...Sauteed Tahini Kale.  Here's the recipe:

Sauteed Tahini Kale
1T sesame oil
1t chopped garlic
1/2  bunch of kale
1/2 cup brown rice
1T tahini
2t lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the garlic.  Tear the kale into bite-sized pieces and add it to the skillet.  Sautee the kale for a few minutes until it starts to reduce down a little and turns bright green (just make sure it doesn't burn)!  Add the tahini , lemon juice and brown rice and mix it around until everything is coated.  Then, add salt and pepper, give it one more stir and it's done!

This is super easy and it tastes really good!  I might make it again tomorrow and just add some chicken for more protein, but it's great as a vegetarian dish, too!


I just saw that Cougar Town is on again starting tonight!  See...Wednesday's really are the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment