April 12, 2011

Spring Cleanse: Day #2

I woke up today feeling really dehydrated, but immediately filled a glass with my lemon/cucumber/ginger water and drank down 2 glasses.  I made a juice (cucumber, carrots, romaine, 2 oranges) and had some papaya with half of an avocado. 
Then, I made my way to a 90-minute yoga class.  I tried a new studio and took advantage of their 21 days for $21 deal.  The class was AWESOME.  I had never been to a yoga class taught by a guy, but I had heard good things, so I gave it a go.  I'm SO glad I did!  He was so funny and such a great teacher, very hands-on, which I like.  I'm going to start my own little yoga challenge and see how many times I can go!

After a sweaty class, I came home and made a quinoa salad and had a couple clementines.  I felt really satisfied, but still pretty thirsty (more delish H20).  Lastly, before work, I had a banana. 

Between clients I had an apple, and now I'm watching some TV munching on cucumbers and hummus and drinking a yummmmy smoothie with almond milk, mango, and spinach :)

This cleanse is re-introducing me to old veggies that I really like!  When I was little, I would eat cucumbers and mayonnaise (gross, I know) and now I LOVE cukes with hummus. 

Still, I could do better on the veggie part.  Tomorrow I'll aim to eat more veggies.  I really liked the roasted veggies with hummus salad I had yesterday, so that may have to be duplicated!!

See you tomorrow for day #3!!!

1 comment:

  1. My mom lives in N.Andover and was looking for a good yoga studio up there. I just emailed her about your class at kismet!

    ReplyDelete