April 11, 2011

Spring Cleanse: Day #1

Oh man!  This was a toughie! I hadn't eaten much junk over the weekend so I did kind of ease myself into this one, but still, I WAS HUNGRY!

I started the day off with a beautiful green juice!  I put a cucumber, celery stalks, a head of romaine, ginger and a few carrots into my juicer and was off to work...with my coffee of course (the only one of the day!).  After an hour of work and almost an hour of cardio I was more than ready to eat!  I had a nice bowl of papaya with blanched slivered almonds :)  This made me happy, for about 45 minutes...

After I taught spinning I had my apple, 2 clementines, and a 100 calorie pack of almonds/walnuts.  I told a woman at work about this cleanse and said how I didn't think I was going to make it...that was at 12 noon.  She laughed and agreed!

I had two more clients, then I was off to Whole Foods for some food!  I was searching the hot bar for something to eat and as tempting as everything was, I found a basmati brown rice salad.  It was so simple and had cherry tomatoes, arugala, currants, red wine vinegar and canola oil in it.  SO good, and all allowed on my cleanse :)  I also had a Kombucha.  Immediately following my lunch (?) I felt A MILLION times better.  I had more energy and I was definitely more awake...It only took until 3:00!!!!!!

Now I'm enjoying a big veggie salad with hummus for dressing and a protein smoothie.  Technically my protein powder isn't allowed, but I work out for almost 2 hours each weekday, so I know I need the protein!   

Tomorrow I plan to add some quinoa to my breakfast to beef up the protein and up my energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment