April 15, 2011

Spring Cleanse: Day #4

I blewwwwww it! 


On Thursday, I had some no-nos as far as my cleanse is concerned.  I had greek yogurt, steak, gnocchi, cheese and wine.  Not my fault!  I had plans with a friend from high school and we went out to dinner, so I knew this was bound to happen.  I don't really care all that much, but I did notice some differences in how I feel.


(Watch out for a little grossness) After I ate the greek yogurt, I got really phlegmy.  I have read before that dairy products can make that happen, and I think it's true for me.  I'm going to try to limit dairy from now on.  I know there are lots of other kinds of yogurt, like soy and goat, so I'm going to give those a try.


After dinner last night, I felt bloated and had a minor stomach ache, nothing major, but definitely noticeable.  I haven't eaten any red meat in a long time, I haven't had plain gnocchi in REALLY long time, and the cheese I think just send me overboard.  Even this morning I don't feel that great.  Still bloated and I still feel full from last night even thought my friend and I split everything in half, I feel like I ate a huge meal.


Aside from the food, seeing old friends is always fun and that's what it's really about, right?!  So despite how I feel this morning, I would say it was well worth it.  For the rest of the day, I'm back on the fruit and veggie kick and giving my stomach a break from all other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment